Haldex is a multinational company that develops, manufactures and distributes products for brake and suspension systems on commercial vehicles. Their customers are typically manufacturers of heavy trucks, buses and trailers and they have a strong global presence with sales offices, R&D and production sites all over the world. They are looking for a new colleague for our Hungarian manufacturing plant for the following position:
The position will have responsibility for managing existing commercial relationships with the company direct material suppliers; finding, assessing and selecting potential alternative sources for defined purchased product categories. Leading price negotiations and making contracts in line with Haldex requirements. Cooperating actively with the Global Category Teams and proactively looking for cost saving opportunities beside fulfilling the company customer service, expectation to high quality standards and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, assess and select alternative suppliers in cooperation with SQA (Supplier audits) and in line with Global Sourcing process
- Participation in Global Category Team meetings and ensure local implementation of the sourcing strategy
- Consolidate suppliers
- Simplify and improve the supply chain
- Lead cost reduction projects and follow up their implementation
- Manage supplier problems (recurring quality and delivery performance issues)
- Register and document Haldex owned toolings, placed at suppliers/ subcontractors
- Make contracts/ commercial agreements (Quality, cost, delivery)
- Support New Product Introduction
- Supplier Evaluation/ Assessment (SCIP)
- Maintain purchasing data in the company ERP system (AXAPTA)
- Cooperate with other organizations
- Represent Sourcing in the local Management team
- Manage and coordinate the work of local Category Managers (and SQA)
- Plan sourcing related CAPEX (planning and implementation)
- Supervise implementation of cost reduction plans and realize additional savings to budget
- Coordination of projects (Sourcing representation)
- Local process improvements with other local departments as necessary
- Any other sourcing related activities
- Economical or Technical University / College
- Advanced level English, German is an advantage (Negotiation)
- 4-5 years documented experience in strategic sourcing
- Experience in manufacturing (Automotive preferably)
- Excellent MS Office
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, go up and down stairs, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Travel via various modes may be required.
Haldex, Hungary, Szentlőrinckáta
Please send your application with an English language CV to:
Application deadline: 2015.10.20.